This Clean and Lean Pumpkin pie recipe is a guilt-free delight that delivers the nostalgic flavours of fall without directly assaulting your waistline. The recipe makes use of coconut milk and oil to create a delicious, flaky piecrust without the need to bathe everything in butter and sugar.
Proportions yield 10 servings (slices) of Clean and Lean Pumpkin Pie
Nutritional information per serving size of 1 slice
Calories per serving: 322 . Protein: 5g . Carbohydrates: 31g. Sodium: 82mg .Total Fat: 22g . Saturated Fat: 18g . Trans Fat: 0 Cholesterol: 37mg . Fiber: 3g . Sugar: 15g
- 900 g 100% unsweetened pumpkin puree (storebought/homemade)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tsp/5 g pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Half a tsp sea salt
- 150g coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 180 g white whole wheat flour
- A pinch of sea/kosher salt
- 100 g refined coconut oil
- About 8 tablespoons of ice water (or as much as need, usually 8 or less)
Directions for making Clean and Lean Pumpkin Pie
- Make sure the coconut oil is in solid form – Refrigerate if needed
- For the filling , simply stirr all of the ingredients together untill they are fully combined
- For the crust:
- Blend the salt and flour in a food processor, then add the oil then pulse the mixture. Add small amounts of ice water and then pulse, repeat until the dough is formed.
- Take the dough and mold it in the shape of a flat disk, then make sure to wrap it airtight before refrigerating it for at least one hour. You can keep the dough in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Preheat the oven.
- Roll the dough flat on a surface sprinkled with flour. Add the dough into a pie pan, pressing it to the pan. Ou can press the edges all the way arround using a fork, or simply fold it over the side. Using a fork , make sure to prick the dough all arround the sides and the bottom.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the pastry, weighing it down with pie weights of a cup of dry beans. Place the pastry in the over and bake it for 15 minutes, then remove the weights and parchment, before letting it bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the pie pan and add the filling to it. Place the filled pie on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Bake pie for another 30 minutes until it passes the knife test (stab the pie with a knife, it must come out out clean).
* You can add a touch of whip cream when serving the pie.
If you enjoyed this Clean and Lean Pumpkin Pie recipe, we recommend you take a glance at our Frozen Cranberry Lemon Cheesecake recipe.
If you would like more details on the subject or if you have any questions, objections, hateful comments or highly deserved praises to offer please do not hesitate to leave a comment.
Also, if you have a product that you would like me to review and research, I gladly welcome the challenge.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Subscribe to our Newsletter!