This healthier burger recipe is not only extremely delicious and full of flavor, but also has a very high nutritional value. It contains high amounts of fiber, protein, minerals and vitamins. If you could ever call eating hamburger a healthy choice, this recipe is the one surely reimburses that claim.
The recipe works great with any topping of your choice, so do not be afraid of adding your favorite greens on top of the delicious patty.
Proportions yield 4 servings of the healthier burger
Nutritional information per serving size of 1 burger
Calories: 430 . Total Fat: 9 g . Saturated Fats: 1 g . Trans Fats: 0 g . Cholesterol: 0 mg . Sodium: 34 mg . Carbohydrates: 73 g . Dietary fiber: 13 g . Sugars: 4 g . Protein: 17 g
- 25 mL olive oil
- 50 grams red onion (diced)
- 200 grams cooked quinoa (follow the package instructions to cook)
- 200 grams brown lentils – cooked
- 30 grams diced green chilies (canned are great)
- 30 grams rolled oats
- 30 grams whole wheat flour
- 10 grams cornstarch
- 50 grams whole grain bread crumbs
- 5 grams garlic powder
- A pinch of cumin
- 5 grams paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Honey Dijon Mustard Recipe:
- 30 grams Dijon Mustard
- 20 grams honey
Directions to making The Healthier Burger
- Cook the onions in a pan with olive oil until they are nice and tender. Usually takes about 4 minutes.
- After the onion has cooked, take a large bowl and combine all of the hamburger ingredients in it until the mix is nice and uniform.
- The mix amount is enough for 4 good sized burger patties. Of course, you can make mini burgers, or smaller patties if you so wish
- You can cook the burgers on medium heat in the pan or on the grill. Take about 10-12 minutes
- For the Honey mustard you just mix all the ingredients until the concoction is smooth, then place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Use any topping of your liking
The healthier burger will delight the taste buds of both vegans and omnivores. You’ll find yourselves battling over this nutrient-filled delight.
Round up your meal with our vegan frozen cranberry lemon cheesecake, light and delicious, it will surely not disappoint.
If you would like more details on the subject or if you have any questions, objections, hateful comments or highly deserved praises to offer please do not hesitate to leave a comment.
Also, if you have a product that you would like me to review and research, I gladly welcome the challenge.