This Summer Mediterranean Pasta recipe is not only extremely nutritious and healthy but also a delightfully flavourful dish that can be enjoyed throughout the sunny days of spring and summer. You always have the lazy option of using store-bought pesto, yet we recommend you put in that extra effort to make it at home using fresh and high-quality ingredients.
Proportion size will yield: 4 servings of Summer Mediterranean Pasta
Nutritional information per serving size of 150 grams
Calories: 285 . Total Fat: 12 g . Saturated Fat: 3 g . Trans Fat: 0 g . Cholesterol: 12 mg . Sodium: 129 mg . Carbohydrates: 37 g . Dietary Fiber: 5 g . Sugars: 1 g . Protein: 10 g
- 170 grams whole grain short pasta (you can use farfalle, penne, fussili, mezze maniche)
- 12 big fresh basil leaves
- 24 grams grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 full tablespoons)
- 18 grams pine nuts (one tablespoon)
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 grams salt (1/4 tablespoons)
- 30 mL extra virgin olive oil
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes ( halved/quartered)
- 100 grams fresh Mozzarella (chopped)
Directions for making Summer Mediterranean Pasta
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. The moment the water starts to boil, add in the pasta. Cook until al dente. If you leave it to boil according to the information provided on the package, you should be good to go.
- Once the pasta is cooked, rinse them under the faucet with cold water, drain them nicely and set them aside in a bowl. Add a drizzle of the virgin olive oil and gentle mix it so that the oil coats them lightly.
- Now we move to the all-important step of preparing the pesto. We blend the basil, garlic , pine nuts, parmesan cheese and salt. While you are blending it, add the virgin olive oil . After the concoction is nice and smooth we set it aside for later.
- Grab a big serving bowl and mix in the pasta and pesto sauce. Add in the mozzarella and tomatoes for the finishing touch.
- You can serve this dish cold or at room temperature.
If you enjoyed this Summer Mediterranean Pasta recipe, we recommend you take a glance at our Avocado Spring Salad Halves recipe.
If you would like more details on the subject or if you have any questions, objections, hateful comments or highly deserved praises to offer please do not hesitate to leave a comment.
Also, if you have a product that you would like me to review and research, I gladly welcome the challenge.