This is a light and easy to make a blueberry chicken salad, with a little crunchy twist to it that will delight your waistline. The salad is fresh, bursting with flavors provided by the blueberry, perfectly balanced by the slight crunchiness of almonds.
You can use any of your favorite greens for this one, or just the ones you happen to have around your fridge. The nutritional aspect of the recipe was calculated with using a bag of mixed greens.
Ingredient proportions will yield: 4 crunchy blueberry chicken salad
Nutrient information per serving size of: 1 salad
Calories: 266 . Total Fat: 17.9 g . Saturated Fat: 2.6 g . Trans Fat: 0 g . Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 56 mg . Carbohydrates: 18 g . Dietary Fiber: 2.7g . Sugars: 13.6 g . Protein: 10.9g
- 400 grams mixed greens
- 200 grams blueberries
- 30 grams flaked almonds
- 250 grams cooked chicken breasts (cut into cubes or stripes)
- 60 mL olive oil
- 60 mL apple cider vinegar
- 50 grams blueberries
- 40 grams honey
- salt and pepper (depending on taste)
Directions for making your own Crunchy Blueberry Chicken Salad
- First we grill the chicken breast (simple seasoning salt, pepper, whatever else you like on it). When it is done you chop it into cubes (or stripes). Then, take a large bowl and mix in the greens, almond flakes, blueberries, and chicken breast. Toss and turn until it is well mixed.
- Now for the dressing, you put the olive oil, blueberries, honey and vinegar into a blender and shake it until the concoction is nice and smooth. Taste, then add pepper and salt to your liking.
- Pour dressing over the salad portion to your liking. I personally enjoy mine with an extra side of dressing, but you will find the salad nice and juicy just from the ingredients.
A light lunch packed full of flavor that will not stick to your thighs. This crunchy blueberry chicken salad will please you taste buds, body, mind, and spirit.
If you’re looking for other delicious and healthy ways of cooking chicken, you can always take a sneak peak of our Express Chicken Noodle Soup.
If you would like more details on the subject or if you have any questions, objections, hateful comments or highly deserved praises to offer please do not hesitate to leave a comment.
Also, if you have a product that you would like me to review and research, I gladly welcome the challenge.
Be The First to Read our Newest Articles