These gingerbread cookies are just as healthy as they are tasty. If you’re struggling to find healthy options to satisfy your sweet tooth this recipe is definitely for you.
Proportions yield 24 cookies
Nutritional information per serving size of 2 cookies
Calories: 148 Total Fat: 7.1 g Saturated Fat: 6.0 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 7 mg Sodium: 608 mg . Carbohydrates: 20.1 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 10.9 g Protein: 1.4 g
- 150 grams melted coconut oil
- 1 egg (if you want to veganaise this you can use an egg replacer)
- 200 grams whole cane sugar
- 85 grams blackstrap molasses
- 240 grams white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of sea salt
Directions for making Gingerbread Cookies
- After melting down the coconut oil add in the cane sugar and mix them together into a cream
- Then proceed to add the egg and molasses. After this simply add the spices, salt, and baking soda
- Add the flour last and mix everything well. If you’re getting a flimsy dough consistency do no be afraid to add up to 60 extra grams to get a good dough
- Using your hands roll the dough into small balls, about the size of a walnut
- Put the cookies on a sheet and flatten them down gently with your hand
- If you want to achieve a certain shape, simply flatten all of the dough at once and then use a cookie cutter to get the shape you want
- Stick them in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Let them cool a bit and enjoy! Although I always just end up saying that they have time to cool in my stomach(Definitely would not recommend! But patience is not my forte)
Author’s Note on Healthier Gingerbread Cookies
If you enjoyed this gingerbread cookies recipe and would like more healthy dessert ideas we recommend you browse over our Clean and Lean Pumpkin Pie.
If you would like more details on the subject or if you have any questions, objections, hateful comments or highly deserved praises to offer please do not hesitate to leave a comment.
Also, if you have a product that you would like me to review and research, I gladly welcome the challenge.